Thursday, July 12, 2007

Good News for East Bay Commuters

While there are so many great things about living in the East Bay, one of the few challenges is dealing with traffic. The good news is that improvements are always being made to try and make life on the road a little bit better.


One new development is the expansion of FasTrak lanes on all Bay Area bridges. My FasTrak tag has made my life so much better....I think I would even pay for the privilege of using it. And, if you get one this summer, FasTrak is offering free tolls. And, you can get even more free tolls if you buy your tag at CostCo or Safeway. Check it all out at the FasTrak website.

Of course, getting a more fuel-efficient car helps. And, with certain cars with high fuel efficiency, you can get a tag that allows you to use the carpool lanes. How about a Prius? Recently, I wrote about a great incentive at the Gate 48 condo development in Temescal, which was built according to the highest "green" standards. For a limited time, you can get a Prius when you buy a brand new condo at Gate 48--and then use the carpool lane, too!


One of the best ways to avoid traffic is to get out of your car and use public transportation. I'm glad to see that AC Transit has started using buses on many of their major lines that use hydrogen fuel cells and have zero emissions. This combined with their new express buses makes public transportation an even better option than ever before.

I could go on and on with these transportation alternatives, and in the future I look forward to writing more about other options, like the amazing "casual carpool" program. If you ever have questions about East Bay life and culture--or want to take advantage of that great Prius deal at Gate 48--just let me know. I'm always happy to help. I can be reached at 510-547-5970 x57 or MSmartt@jps.net.

No comments: