Thursday, August 23, 2007

6 Degrees of Separation

Writing about Bryan's HOA banking services yesterday reminded me of the power of referrals and our networks of friends, families, and colleagues. What a great way to live and work!

I met Bryan after my son referred him to me. He had gone to high school with Bryan's sister and knew of Bryan's home search in the East Bay. After Bryan was in his new home, I referred him to Pam, another client of mine who does landscaping. Coincidentally, Pam's son used to work for me. So many of my personal and professional relationships have fascinating connections like this and makes life a lot more interesting.

I also just returned from an inspiring professional retreat produced by Buffini & Company that focuses on the power of referrals. Who would you trust more....a plumber that your good friend or sibling recommends, or one you find on the internet or phone book?

After more than dozen years of working in real estate in the East Bay, I am so pleased to look at the talented group of people I know and work with. If you ever need a referral f0r some help in the East Bay, let me know. And, I just might ask you next time I need a referral (like it would be great to know some wonderful caterers or mechanics!). Check out my ever-growing network of referrals at Mary's List or just drop me a line. I can be reached at 510-547-5970 x57 or MSmartt@jps.net.

(And, oh by the way, if your friends and family ever need a realtor, I'm never too busy for your referrals!)

No comments: